Trauma is when you have a rush of chemicals flowing through your body that makes you alert.
The term is called the flight or fight response which is what helps us survive life-threatening events.
Although it’s completely natural, trauma can lead to serious problems.
If you feel that your trauma is getting out of hand, here are some ways you can naturally heal from them.
What is trauma?
Trauma is an emotional response to a terrible event like an accident, rape, or natural disaster.
Triggers may cause shock, flashbacks, headaches, and nausea which may result in unpredictable reactions and tense relationships, even depression.
Although these feelings are normal, some may feel it difficult to move on. Especially when they are easily triggered to remember such traumatic events.
What are the signs of trauma?
When you have severe trauma also known as PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), it may disrupt your daily activities and relationships.
Before you experience intense symptoms until you cannot take control of your life, identify these signs of PTSD.
- Recurrent flashbacks
- Nightmares about the traumatic event
- Avoidance of thinking/talking about the traumatic event
- Avoidance of places, items, or people that remind you of the traumatic event
- Memory problems
- Feeling detached from family and friends
- Feeling emotionally numb
- Being easily startled or frightened
- Always alert for danger
- Irritable, outbursts, or aggressive behavior
Ways to Heal From Trauma
Some trauma symptoms go away after a while, but they can last longer if they become too severe to handle.
Before it comes to that point, find the time to cope with your trauma with the following suggestions.
- Talk to people you trust. Do not wallow in your thoughts alone.
- Calm yourself before symptoms worsen with breathing exercises and meditation.
- Do not neglect your well-being. Drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat healthy foods.
- Try to keep yourself busy with your daily routine and hobbies.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, or smoking which can cause you to feel bad about yourself.
- Sometimes, it helps to listen to someone else’s problems so you don’t feel so alone.
- If you have the means and energy, help out your community to feel a sense of togetherness.
Tips to Recover From Trauma & Depression
Healing from past trauma does not mean you need to forget about it.
It all depends on how you cope with your trauma once you notice the signs coming.
When you have a coping strategy that works well for you, stick to it so you can manage your overwhelming symptoms better.
However, if you feel these tips don’t work well for you, hypnotherapy for trauma may be how to heal trauma naturally for you.
If you want to know if hypnotherapy services can help, get in touch with me for a chat – no strings attached.
Next read: How to Cure Insomnia Without Medication
This article is for informational and educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Although we strive to provide accurate general information, the information presented here is not a substitute for any kind of professional advice, and you should not rely solely on this information. Please opt for a one-to-one consultation with us or a professional for your particular issues before making any medical decisions.